Home Page Forums New Cyclists Well…they’re not new cyclists anymore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Six years ago. OC, I suspect your kids have progressed since then.
    Sad how many of these posters are no longer active.
    We got our grandson a strider, and he loves it, but he’s better on a scooter. We also picked up a small bike with training wheels through our community FaceBook “Buy Nothing” page. He wants to wait until spring to ride. I agree; I’m not fond of snow, ice, or salt while riding.

longslowdistance
    Participant

so our first grandchild is in the oven. Heck yes looking forward to it.
    And this dad does so love his daughter!

Cosmic Kid
    Participant

Congratulations, LSD!!!!

Best wishes to your growing family!

Orange Crush
    Participant

LSD…gramps!

Smokey – yes 6 years on. Not too many family rides anymore with the 16yr olds although we did a ton of riding in NL over three weeks in NL last summer.

One of them rode quite a bit on one of my old road bikes two years ago but is currently 100% into running. Weekly distances 95-110 kms, more than I ride at moment.

The other one isn’t into aerobic stuff but looking for a gig as swim instructor & life guard.

A year out from university (sciences most likely); we actually did a tour of U Victoria last weekend.

I’m 5yrs out from semi-retirement (at 60) and 8 from full retirement (when my wife hits 60 and gets her full pension). The succession planning at work has started.

And I repossessed the bike I gave my kid. Rode it last weekend. It will become the winter road bike again as the Diverge will make its next transformation to a full-on gravel bike, dropping 4 teeth on front rings with new GRX crankset and adding four 4 teeth in back, plus properly wide tires, in anticipation of some kick add rides.

longslowdistance
    Participant

Now that is a great ride. Enjoy!
    A much much younger me owned a Colnago with Merckx decals, purchased from an Italian commercial pilot who bought it from a pro recouping a few Lire at the end of a season. Had a few small dings a quite a few paint defects from a year of pro racing. Stupid young me stripped the paint and repainted. Stripping the paint exposed the perfection of the brass braising and the exquisite lugs, but in hindsight, Oh the folly of youth!

Orange Crush
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.